Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
Find out if a service needs prior authorization. Type a Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code or a Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code in the space below to get started.
This tool provides general information for outpatient services performed by a participating provider.
The following services always require prior authorization:
- Elective inpatient services.
- Urgent inpatient services.
- Services from a nonparticipating provider.
If you have questions about this tool or a service or want to request prior authorization, call 1-855-294-7046.
- Enter a CPT code in the space below.
- Click “Submit.”
- The tool will tell you if that service needs prior authorization.