Telehealth Services and MDLIVE®
What is telehealth?
Telehealth means you can connect with a provider outside of the office. Ask your provider* if you can:
- Video chat with your provider through a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Text with your provider through a secure web portal.
- Talk to your provider by phone.
*Not all providers offer telehealth services. If your provider does not offer telehealth services, we offer MDLIVE as a benefit. Learn more about MDLIVE.
What technology do I need for a telehealth appointment?
For an appointment with your provider by video, you'll need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with a camera, and an internet connection.
There are certain services that you can complete by a phone call with your provider.
Don't have a smartphone?
Contact Member Services at 1-833-535-3767 (TTY 711), October 1 – March 31: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., seven days a week. April 1 – September 30: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday through Friday for more information on how you can use this benefit.
Try these tips to help you get the most of your telehealth session:
- Get ready. Find a private, quiet place and let others know you can’t be disturbed.
- Test your equipment before the session begins to make sure you have a good connection. To hear better we suggest wearing headphones or earbuds.
- Come prepared with any questions, symptoms to share, and something to write down the provider’s recommendations.
MDLIVE virtual visits
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care will cover telehealth appointments with MDLIVE at no cost to members. MDLIVE can connect members to a health care professional 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for medical care they need that is not an emergency.
Find out more about MDLIVE (PDF)
To sign up for MDLIVE or connect to an MDLIVE health care provider:
- Download the MDLIVE app in the Google Play™ store or Apple App Store®.
- Visit MDLIVE AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care. See below for plan-specific information.
- Call 1-888-995-6698 (TTY 1-800-770-5531), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Text FLDSNP to 635483.
Message and data rates may apply based on any agreements members have with their network service providers.
MDLIVE is only for routine medical care. If this is an emergency, call 911.