Become a Patient Centered Medical Home
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care offers our providers the information they need to help them become a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). For more details about the PCMH model of care and related recognition process, visit our online resource: AmeriHealth Caritas Patient Centered Medical Home.
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
The PCMH is a philosophy of health care delivery that encourages providers and care teams to meet patients where they are—from the simplest to the most complex conditions. A PCMH treats the whole person in order to continuously improve the patient's health.
A nationally recognized PCMH meets or exceeds the measures of NCQA-defined standards:
- Enhancing practice access and continuity
- Identifying and managing patient populations
- Planning and managing patient care
- Providing self-care support and community resources
- Tracking and coordinating care
- Measuring and improving performance
- PCMH incentives
There are many reasons to become a PCMH:
- Your practice will be viewed as a model for primary care
- Meeting PCMH standards may lead to lower costs and higher quality health care
- Your practice may be better positioned for value-based reimbursement programs
Get more information
We are here to help you become a PCMH. Use our online toolkit, which contains forms and tools that will help you begin the PCMH transformation process. You can also call Provider Services at 1-866-533-5490 with questions about AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care and the PCMH process.