Acceptable and unacceptable marketing practices
Unacceptable marketing practices
Providers must remain neutral when assisting with enrollment decisions and may NOT:
- Offer sales/appointment forms
- Accept Medicare enrollment applications
- Make phone calls or direct, urge or attempt to persuade members to enroll in a specific plan based on financial or any other interests of the provider
- Mail marketing materials on behalf of plan sponsors
- Offer anything of value to induce plan enrollees to select them as their provider
- Offer inducements to persuade members to enroll in a particular plan or organization
- Conduct health screening as a marketing activity
- Accept compensation directly or indirectly from AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care (HMO SNP) for member enrollment activities
- Distribute materials/applications within an exam room setting.
Acceptable marketing practices
Providers are required to:
- Provide the names of AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care (HMO SNP) sponsors with which they contract and/or participate
- Provide information and assistance in applying for the Low Income Subsidy (LIS). Make available and/or distribute marketing materials supplied by AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care (HMO SNP).
- Refer their patients to other sources of information, such as State Health Insurance Program (SHIP), plan marketing representatives, their State Medicaid Office, local Social Security Office, CMS' website at http://www.medicare.gov/ or 1-800-MEDICARE.
- Share information with patients from CMS' website, including the "Medicare and You" Manual or "Medicare Options Compare" (from www.medicare.gov), or other documents that were written by or previously approved by CMS.