Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Help prevent fraud, waste, and abuse
Members can help AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care uncover provider fraud, waste, and abuse. You should keep track of the following things:
- Who provided your health care?
- What services did you receive during each visit, and what other tests did your provider order?
- When did you get a health care service?
- Where did the service take place?
Call AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care if you think your provider may have wrongly billed you or offered you a service you don't think you needed.
Please remember, do not:
- Give your ID card or number to anyone other than your primary care provider (PCP), clinic, hospital, or other health care provider.
- Ask your PCP or any other health care provider for medical services or supplies that you don't need.
- Sign your name to a blank form.
- Share your medical records with anyone other than your PCP, clinic, hospital, or other health care provider.
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care has a team that works hard to identify and prevent fraud, waste, and abuse. But we still need all providers and members to report possible fraud and abuse.
Call the Fraud Hotline at 1-866-833-9718. You can remain anonymous at all times.